How to order
As you browse through our catalogue you can use the Add To Basket button to add the current plant to your order.
You can then review or amend your basket (by clicking on the View Basket button) before completing your order. There are a number of ways to complete your order:
- If you would like to pay online click on the "checkout" link to review your order and submit your payment details. This area is encrypted to protect the security of your data.
- You will receive an email to let you know that your order has been submitted to our system, followed by an email from a member of staff to confirm the order has been pulled and is ready. If we are out of stock or wish to suggest alternatives you will be informed at this stage.
- Payment will not be taken until you have received this confirmation.
- If you prefer to pay by cheque please click on the "order form" link, print the form that appears, complete your personal details and post, with your cheque, to Binny Plants, Binny Estate, Ecclesmachan, West Lothian, EH52 6NL. Please ensure you provide an email address.
- Telephone orders are also welcome and if your web browser does not allow cookies (required for the Basket system to work) you can use our standard "order form" (pdf file) to complete by hand.
- We only send substitutes if requested
- Minimum order value is £25.
Payment can be made by Cheque, Postal Order payable to Binny Plants or Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Diners Club, Discover or Switch. Please note, we only send plants Mail Order from the end of September till the end of April. At other times orders must be collected from the nursery. Gift Vouchers can be sent all year round, there is no postage charge for vouchers even though this will show at checkout.
Our orders are sent out by 24 hour City Link Courier which is the best service we have found so far. Carriage is at a flat rate of £8.50 for most of mainland Britain. Areas north of a line running roughly from Greenock to Buckie are £20.00. Northern Ireland is £35.00. The Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Scilly, Orkney, Shetland and The Hebrides are £40.00. These are subject to a maximum weight of 20kg in mainland Britian and 10kg elsewhere after which postage will be advised.
The postage charge to these areas will be amended when we receive your order. Please see Terms & Conditions for list of post codes charged at the higher rate. We hate charging these rates but have no choice due to increased courier costs.
For smaller orders we may send by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.
Deliveries to the European Union are higher and are based on the weight and size of the box we will let you know before sending the cost of Post & Packing.
Orders for local delivery are charged according to distance from the Nursery, you will be told how much this will be before payment is taken.
If you wish to collect your order you will not be charged for carriage even though it may show on your Order Form.